Police Hearing Board (Postponed)
The Administrative Hearing Board scheduled to begin April 14th, has been postponed by the Administrative Hearing Board Chairperson
When the hearing is rescheduled, the public will be notified of the new date.
The Anne Arundel County Police Department conducts Administrative Hearing Boards in accordance with the Maryland Public Safety Code 3-107 (Law Enforcement Officer's Bill of Rights). Administrative Hearings are conducted at the request of a police officer who exercises their rights to contest the findings of an Internal Affairs investigation. Individuals attending/viewing any Administrative Hearing will not be permitted to audio or video record any portion of the proceeding. Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in removal from the hearing.
The hearing will take place each day at Police Headquarters starting Wednesday April 14, 2021 from 8am-4pm, but there will be NO public seating available at Police Headquarters due to Covid-19 restrictions. The proceedings will be made accessible to the public and can be viewed at the following five locations:
- Western District Police Station Community Room, 8273 Telegraph Road, Odenton, Maryland (seating limited to 32 persons)
- Southern District Station Community Room, 35 Stepneys Lane, Edgewater, Maryland (seating limited to 44 persons)
- Eastern District Police Station Community Room, 204 Pasadena Road, Pasadena, Maryland (seating limited to 26 persons)
- Anne Arundel County Henry L. Hein Building, Auditorium, 7480 Baltimore Annapolis Boulevard, Glen Burnie, Maryland (seating limited to 23 persons)
- Heritage Complex Chesapeake Room, 2nd floor, 2664 Riva Road, Annapolis, Maryland (seating limited to 23 persons)
- Attendees will be required to sign-in with name and phone number for the purpose of contact tracing.
- Temperatures must be checked and anyone with a fever will not be permitted.
- Doors to the above listed locations will open at 7:00 a.m. Seating will be on a first come, first served basis.
- Video and audio recording of the proceedings is prohibited.
- No food or drink will be permitted in the viewing rooms.
- Social distancing rules will be followed and masks will be required at all viewing locations.
If you plan to attend a hearing board, please check this website daily after 5 pm to confirm it is still scheduled. An Administrative Hearing may be postponed or canceled if the matter is resolved prior to the scheduled hearing date.