Police Communications Operator
- Police Communications Operator Applicant Information & Forms
Dear Police Communications Operator Applicant:
Here is the Processing Schedule:
Background Investigation Commences
Completion of the following Forms is required throughout the process:
1. Preliminary Personal History – Civilian
2. Authorization for Release of Personal Information Form (must be signed)
3. Personal History Statement Booklet (PHS)
For more information, please contact Chris Purvis (410) 222-3156 between 0800 and 1600 hours, Monday thru Friday. Fax (410) 222-8678.
Anne Arundel County Police Department
8495 Veterans Highway
Millersville, MD 21108
- Position InformationPolice Communications Operators are uniformed civilian employees who work in the new, state-of-the-art, Anne Arundel County Police 911 Center. They are responsible for the expedient and effective handling of thousands of calls for police/emergency service in Anne Arundel County. Police Communications Operators must be able to multi-task, work well under pressure and excel in a fast-paced environment. Some computer and typing skills are required.Police Communications Operators fall into two categories: Call Takers and Dispatchers. The dispatcher position requires further training.
- Minimum Qualifications
Graduation from high school; one (1) or more years of experience in an emergency services environment or progressively responsible multi-faceted clerical work; and skill in data entry keyboard functions.
NOTE: The required experience may be substituted with the successful completion of the County approved Police Communications Call Taker Training course offered by Anne Arundel County Public Schools (Glen Burnie High School).
- How to Apply
We are accepting applications for Police Communications Operator I/II from November 20, 2019 through January 21, 2020
- Frequently Asked Questions