Starting Salary: $15.23 an Hour
- Cadet Position InformationThe Anne Arundel County Police Cadet Program is a part-time paid position intended for young adults with aspirations to become police officers by the age of 21. Police cadets are uniformed civilian employees who work approximately 24-40 hours per week in a variety of assignments around the department. Cadets in the program help accomplish the mission of the police department while contributing to the function of its various units.
- Minimum RequirementsMinimum age of 18-years-old, but no more than 21-year old at the time of appointment. Must be a United States citizen. Possess a valid Driver’s License. Graduated from high school or possess a G.E.D certificate.** No Felony or Serious Misdemeanor Convictions.
- How to Apply
- Frequently Asked QuestionsWhat is the starting salary?
What does the application process consist of?
- $15.23 per hour with a max of 1500 hours per year.
What are some of the things that police cadets do while on the job?
- The application process consists of submission of an application, an oral panel interview and a thorough background investigation.
Can I go to school (college) and still be a cadet?
- Police Cadets provide support to the units they work in by assisting with criminal data collection, traffic direction, evidence grid searches, attend training, ride-a-longs, etc.
- Cadets are encouraged to continue their studies while working at the Anne Arundel County Police Department. Cadet work schedules are extremely flexible and include both day and evening availability.
- Northern District Police Community Relations Council Meeting
- Jun 01 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Northern District 939 Hammonds Lane Brooklyn Park, MD 21225
- Western District Police Community Relations Council Meeting
- Jun 08 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Western District Police Station 8273 Telegraph Road Odenton 21113
- Eastern District Police Community Relations Council Meeting
- Jun 15 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Eastern District Police Station 204 Pasadena Road Pasadena 21122