Body Worn Camera (BWC) Program
The Anne Arundel County Police Department is dedicated to professionalism and transparency. The Body-Worn Camera (BWC) Program is intended to:
- Strengthen police accountability;
- Promote de-escalation by both law enforcement officers and those they encounter;
- Enhance the ability to resolve officer-involved incidents and complaints;
- Improve transparency;
- Identify and correct internal agency training, policy, and other issues;
- Strengthen officer performance and safety; and
- Increase community safety.
This resource is designed to provide information to our community about the BWC program.