Body Worn Camera Program
“We would like to thank the Office of the County Executive and the County Council for their support for our body-worn camera program. We look forward to the implementation of the program in the coming months, which will enhance the trust and relationship between our community and our officers. Our program will also allow us to continue our commitment to transparency, and lead us to the highest level of accountability to the community we serve.”
– Amal E. Awad, Chief of Police
Body Worn Camera (BWC) Program
The Anne Arundel County Police Department is dedicated to professionalism and transparency. The Body Worn Camera (BWC) Program is intended to:
- Strengthen police accountability;
- Promote de-escalation by both law enforcement officers and those they encounter;
- Enhance the ability to resolve officer-involved incidents and complaints;
- Improve transparency;
- Identify and correct internal agency training, policy and other issues;
- Strengthen officer performance and safety; and
- Increase community safety.
This resource is designed to provide information about the program and educate citizens and interest groups about how the BWC program will be deployed and utilized. This site will be updated with information about the BWC program as the program develops.
If you have any questions or would like to provide feedback on this program, please send your comments/feedback/questions to [email protected].