Frequently Asked Questions
Research & GIS
- Where are you Located?
- Where can I view Maps and Download Data?
Maps, Publications and Services for the Office of Planning and Zoning are available to view or purchase online.
Anne Arundel County GIS Data is available for download on the County Maps & GIS Data page.
- County Maps & GIS Data
- Where do I pick up my Signs for Variances, Subdivisions, etc.?
Signs for subdivisions, variances, rezoning, special expectations and Critical Area Reclassifications are available for pick up at the Map Information Counter (aka – Maproom). Please call in advance to see if the sign is ready prior to coming to the Maproom.
- How do I get a Topography Map?
- How do I know if my property is in the Critical Area, FEMA, Bog, Buffer Modified and what is the Zoning of my property?The information is available by calling the Maproom at 410-222-7463, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- How can I view Aerial Photographs of my property?
Aerial appointments can be scheduled for Tuesday and Thursday and should be made at least one week in advance. Detailed location information (such as tax map, block and parcel, tax account numbers, address) and a site description is required when making the appointments. How to Schedule please call 410-222-7463. Aerial Photography Link
- Where do I get a copy of the Plat for my property?