Office of Personnel Vision & Mission
Support Services Core Group Vision
Our vision is that all Anne Arundel County services and operations will be delivered and conducted in an efficient, effective and professional manner consistent with law by capable and well trained personnel; that taxpayer funds will be collected and expended prudently; that County vehicles and facilities will be well managed and well maintained; that County leadership will be supported in development and implementation of policy initiatives and legislation; and that all constituent concerns will be resolved in a timely manner.
Mission of the Office of Personnel
Our mission is to:
- assure all department offices are staffed with highly qualified personnel
- assure the County workforce reflects the citizens we serve
- assure all employees are trained in County policies, procedures and diversity issues
- assure all employees are appropriately classified and compensated
- promote a work environment characterized by open communication, personal accountability, fairness, mutual respect, trust, equal opportunity and high achievement in the workplace
- build cooperative relationships with internal and external customers
- oversee the County’s payroll and benefits-management systems
- resolve employee disputes
- develop leadership skills of managerial personnel and provide opportunities for growth and personal development of all employees, and
- assure compliance with all employment and labor laws.