Nearly every part of our Country experiences periods of reduced rainfall. If we plan for a drought, then we can enjoy the benefits of normal or rainy years and not get caught unprepared in dry years.
Strategies for drought preparedness focus mainly on water conservation. Make these practices a part of your daily life and help preserve this essential resource.
- Take shorter showers, avoid letting water run while washing hands or brushing teeth
- Operate dishwashers only when full
- Use clothes washers only when fully loaded and select smartest water level possible
- Avoid washing vehicles, over-watering lawns, or filling pools
- When necessary, water plants in several short sessions
- Related Videos