Anne Arundel County State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds Guidance
- CREATE ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL - Confront the causes of poverty, including wages, housing, transportation, childcare, education, and institutional racism.
- PROMOTE HEALTH AND WELLNESS - Prioritize government investment in programs and infrastructure that enhance public health and thereby improve quality of life.
- Support public health response: Fund COVID-19 mitigation efforts, medical expenses, behavioral health care and certain county public health, public safety, human services and other related staff
- Address negative economic impacts: Respond to economic harms to workers, families, small businesses, impacted industries and rehiring of public sector workers
- Replace public sector revenue loss: Use funds to provide government services to the extent of the reduction in revenue experienced during the pandemic (We are awaiting further clarity from US Treasury on this category)
- Water, sewer and broadband infrastructure: Make necessary investments to improve access to clean drinking water, invest in water, wastewater and stormwater infrastructure and provide unserved or underserved locations with new or expanded broadband access
Thank you for your interest in Anne Arundel County’s American Rescue Plan strategy and community engagement. If you contributed a recommendation through the project abstract portal, thank you for being part of the prioritization process. Although the project abstract portal has now closed, the commitment to listening to your priorities continues.
Please continue to follow this site for on-going opportunities for community engagement and information about how the ARP funds are helping Anne Arundel County face the challenges associated with COVID-19 recovery.
National Association of Counties Clearinghouse for State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds
US Treasury FAQ