Lost Pet Listing
Anne Arundel County law requires all stray animals found in the County be turned over to Anne Arundel County Animal Care & Control, this helps create one central location for owners to search. If your pet is lost we suggest you:
- Text LOSTPET to 56525 for tips (see details)
- Go to Animal Care & Control at 411 Maxwell Frye Road in Millersville
- View the found animals at the shelter and fill out a lost pet card
Please do not assume that the staff at Animal Care & Control monitors and is able to match the postings on the website. Owners will be the best able to identify a match of their lost pet with a found pet.
Owners of missing pets are encouraged to report lost pets on social media, check with local veterinary hospitals and visit shelters in bordering jurisdictions to look for their pet, especially if they reside near a county border.
- Check Other Local/Surrounding Shelters for your Lost Pet
The SPCA of Anne Arundel County BARCS Howard County Animal Services Baltimore County Animal Services Prince Georges County Animal Management Division Calvert County Animal Shelter
**Please note some found animals are not always taken to the closest shelter or the shelter you would think of so please check with all of them**
- Other Helpful Information for Finding your Lost PetIs your pet microchipped? If yes, contact the microchip company to ensure the chip is registered, they have current contact information for you and they are aware the pet is missing.
- Lost and Found Pets of Anne Arundel County
- Finding Rover
- Local Veterinary Hospitals
- Check Nextdoor for your area
- Check Craigslist for your area
- Put up lost posters
- Check with local radio stations, some will put out information about lost pets
- Consider placing a lost pet ad in local newspapers or other media outlets
- Post on your communities social media sites
- Search on foot in your area
- When missing a pet the more people keeping an eye out for your pet the better
- Make sure on any postings the contact information for you will get someone in touch with a person not a voicemail because time can be of the essence