Living Well Series
This program includes all tools in the Chronic Disease Self-Management Program, packaged into a one-time mailing. It offers an alternative method for those who cannot or do not wish to attend a CDSMP workshop in person or online. The self-tailored Tool Kit contains:
- The Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions, 4th Edition book
- The Relaxation for Mind and Body CD
- An exercise CD with accompanying booklet
- A self-test to help decide how to use the materials
- Tips sheets on the most important self-management tools.
- one-hour weekly virtual meeting with an instructor in small groups for six weeks.
The Tool Kit is also available in Spanish - La caja de herramientas para tener una vida activa con condiciones crónicas.
A Spanish Version of the program is available through Zoom - see details below:
Dates are July 6, 13, 20, 27, August 2 and 10.
Time: 12pm or 7 pm
View Program Flyers:
- Register for Tool Kit for Active Living with Chronic Conditions
To register: send an email to [email protected]
This is a FREE 6-week workshop designed for people who have been diagnosed with prediabetes, Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes and /or their caregivers.
VIRTUAL classes meet 2 1/2 hours weekly. Each session builds on the last to help you learn the self management TOOLS of goal setting and creating action plans.
Come learn about:
- the complications of diabetes
- managing blood sugar with healthy eating and exercise
- dealing with stress *improving communication with healthy care providers
Materials will be mailed to you. You must be able to access ZOOM. For additional information and to register, email or call Penny Tilghman at the Department of Aging at (410) 222-0268 or register below.
- Register for Living Well with Diabetes
Walk With Ease is a 6 WEEK self-management, community-based physical activity and education program.
While walking is the central activity, this program also includes health education, stretching and strengthening exercises, and motivational strategies. Walk With Ease will help you:
- Motivate yourself to get in great shape
- Walk safely and comfortably
- Improve your flexibility, strength
- and stamina
- Reduce pain and improve overall health
** all participants must be able to stand on their feet without pain for at least 10 minutes.**
WHERE: Your Home via ZOOM.
WHEN: Monday,Wednesday and Fridays
DATES: August 17 - October 2, 2020
TIME: 12:00- 1:00 p.m.
View Program Flyers:
To Register call or email Clemie Pizzillo at the Department of Aging at (410) 222-0268.
Living Well with Hypertension is a 2.5 hour highly interactive workshop designed for people who have been diagnosed with hypertension or high blood pressure. This class teaches those participants how to better manage their condition. Topics covered include:
- What is high blood pressure
- Problems with Salt/Sodium Intake
- Home Monitoring Tips
- Where’s the Salt
- Knowing Your Numbers
- Register for Living Well with Hypertension
Living Well with Chronic Conditions is a 2.5 hour 7-week workshop. This workshop teaches self management skills and is designed to help participants who have been diagnosed with heart disease, arthritis, high blood pressure, COPD, chronic pain or any other chronic condition.
This workshop is offered FREE of charge. For additional information and to register, please call the Department of Aging at (410) 222-4366 or register below.
- Register for Living Well With Chronic Conditions
Stepping On is a 7- week falls prevention workshop. Participants will build confidence and overcome their fear of falling. Participants who attend the 2 hour class on a weekly basis will learn:
- Strength and balance exercises, adapted to their individual level
- To get back on their feet and recover from a fall
- To identify and remove or avoid fall hazards in the home and outside
- How vision, hearing, medication, and footwear affect the risk of falling
Gain professional advice from the following:
- Physical therapist
- Vision Expert
- Community Safety Specialist
Class size is limited. To register: Please call 410-222-4366 OR register below.
- Register for Stepping On (Fall Prevention)