Living Well Series
A free 2.5 hour workshop designed for people who have been diagnosed with hypertension and want to learn how to better manage their condition. The workshop is very interactive with lots of activities and handouts. The following topics are covered:
- What is High Blood Pressure?
- Complications Associated with Hypertension
- Blood Pressure Categories
- Effects of Salt/Sodium Intake
- Decreasing Salt When Eating Out
- Tips for Overcoming Barriers to Taking Medications
- Steps and Tips for Home Monitoring
- Understanding Your Numbers
The workshop is free, but space is limited to 15 participants. Registration is required. For additional information, please call the Department of Aging at 410-222-4366.
- Register for Living Well with Hypertension