Living Well Series
Living Well with Diabetes is a 6 week workshop designed for people with Pre Diabetes, Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes, and/or their caregivers. This program offers a different topic each week where each session builds on the session before that. While participants start off learning the skills of action planning and decision making, they will intertwine the important topics such as:
- The complications associated with diabetes
- How to make dietary decisions based on individual needs
- Ways to deal with stress
- Tips on improving communication with healthcare providers
- The importance of exercise in the management of blood sugar levels
Over the course of 6 weeks, participants come once a week for 2.5 hours. Registration is required and the class size is limited to 16 participants. For additional information and to register, please call the Department of Aging at (410) 222-4366 or register below.
- Register for Living Well with Diabetes
Living Well with Hypertension is a 2.5 hour highly interactive workshop designed for people who have been diagnosed with hypertension or high blood pressure. This class teaches those participants how to better manage their condition. Topics covered include:
- What is high blood pressure
- Problems with Salt/Sodium Intake
- Home Monitoring Tips
- Where’s the Salt
- Knowing Your Numbers
- Register for Living Well with Hypertension
Living Well with Chronic Conditions is a 2.5 hour 7-week workshop. This workshop teaches self management skills and is designed to help participants who have been diagnosed with heart disease, arthritis, high blood pressure, COPD, chronic pain or any other chronic condition.
This workshop is offered FREE of charge. For additional information and to register, please call the Department of Aging at (410) 222-4366 or register below.
- Register for Living Well With Chronic Conditions
Stepping On is a 7- week falls prevention workshop. Participants will build confidence and overcome their fear of falling. Participants who attend the 2 hour class on a weekly basis will learn:
- Strength and balance exercises, adapted to their individual level
- To get back on their feet and recover from a fall
- To identify and remove or avoid fall hazards in the home and outside
- How vision, hearing, medication, and footwear affect the risk of falling
Gain professional advice from the following:
- Physical therapist
- Vision Expert
- Community Safety Specialist
Class size is limited. To register: Please call 410-222-4366 OR register below.
- Register for Stepping On (Fall Prevention)