- Are you a renter financially impacted by COVID-19 and need help paying your rent or utilities? ACDS and our partners can help. Tenants in crisis can call ACDS at 410-222-7600 to access emergency grants to pay past due rent and utility payments. To see if you're eligible and for more information click here.
- If you are a homeowner and need help navigating mortgage foreclosure prevention resources, ACDS is here to help. Not sure who to call to work out a payment plan or learn if your mortgage is federally backed? Our experienced Foreclosure Prevention counselors will provide free, confidential assistance. Call 410-222-7600.
Shelter & Homeless Resources
- Are you at risk of homelessness? Will you lose your housing in the next two weeks, but do not need shelter tonight? Call the Systems of Care at 800-485-0041 to receive one-to-one assistance and support over the telephone. Information and referral specialists are available to help callers find local resources including homelessness prevention, mental health services, food, housing, utilities, and more.
- Are you homeless and need shelter tonight? Anne Arundel County has a Coordinated Entry system for shelter and one list for all shelters in the County. For more information and to be screened for shelter, click here. If you are in a crisis, reach out to the Crisis Response System Community Warmline, which receives calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 410-768-5522.
Water Bill Relief
- The water bill relief program will provide temporary financial assistance to families who are unable to pay their water and wastewater services due to financial hardship caused by the COVID-19 crisis. To see if you qualify and to apply, click here or call 410-222-1144.
Energy Bill Relief
- The energy bill relief program will allow qualified families and individuals impacted by COVID to apply for special assistance through Anne Arundel’s Community Action Agency. Please call the Community Action Agency's 24/7 hotline at 833-888-0401 for more information, and for emergency assistance to avoid shut-off.