Vision & Mission
Human Services Core Group Vision
Our vision is that every citizen of Anne Arundel County will live in a safe community in a quality home that he or she can afford, be financially secure and properly nourished, have the job skills needed to succeed in the workplace, be part of a well functioning family unit, have equal opportunity, have access to comprehensive physical and behavioral health services, and live a long, healthy and fulfilled life.
Mission of the Department of Social Services
Our mission is to:
- assist eligible County residents to achieve and maintain self sufficiency by providing food and temporary cash assistance
- support the health and well being of County residents by facilitating access to Medicaid and private health care benefits by screening social services applicants for Medicaid eligibility
- assure beneficiaries comply with work requirements through referrals to job training and employment opportunities
- ensure the safety of vulnerable children and adults
- promote family stability through case management, including parenting supports, in-home aide services, housing referrals and emergency assistance
- develop and implement programs that strengthen individuals and families and lead to greater self sufficiency, and
- provide services that are accessible, customer focused and delivered in a timely and effective manner.