Vision & Mission
Human Services Core Group Vision
Our vision is that every citizen of Anne Arundel County will live in a safe community in a quality home that he or she can afford, be financially secure and properly nourished, have the job skills needed to succeed in the workplace, be part of a well functioning family unit, have equal opportunity, have access to comprehensive physical and behavioral health services, and live a long, healthy and fulfilled life.
Mission of the Housing Commission
Our mission is to:
- provide quality, affordable housing to very-low-income citizens
- assure that the residents of the Commission’s housing communities are safe and that the communities are vibrant and healthy
- pursue innovative programs to rehabilitate, sustain and transform our public-housing communities
- manage federal funds that assist low-income citizens with the cost of housing, and
- develop and implement programs that lead to independence, self sufficiency and self respect.