The Commission has developed a four-part vision statement to inspire our work:
- To serve as a highly visible, respected voice on issues of importance to women in Anne Arundel County.
- To expand possibilities for all women and girls and to advocate for empowerment and equality.
- To establish the Commission for Women as a leading organization on important local issues through collaborative partnerships.
- To serve as a liaison to the County Executive and County Council regarding women’s issues.
OUR IDENTITY & WHAT WE DO
At the August 2018 Retreat, the Commission embraced a new identity and slate of action. The AACCW serves to:
- Connect & Liaise
- Convene & Moderate
- Facilitate & Integrate
- Support & Supply
- Advocate, Aid & Assist
- Amplify & Inform Through
- In-person Meetings
- Social Media (Website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Programs & Events
AREAS OF WORK
- As a community partner, we support innovative services and policies to de-stigmatize, educate, and prevent future crises related to the opioid epidemic in Anne Arundel County.
- We work to eradicate human trafficking in Anne Arundel County through community awareness, education, advocacy, and efforts to support survivors.
- We advocate to improve the community by creating an inclusive environment of women that provides resources and leadership opportunities to empower all to reach their full potential.