The nineteen-member commission meets quarterly on a Wednesday from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the Anne Arundel County Department of Health, Health Officer’s Conference room, 3 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review available services and activities for persons with HIV/AIDS; gather data regarding their needs, and review reports and publications of governmental agencies that provide services and support to persons with HIV/AIDS
- Review County, State and Federal legislation that may impact public health initiatives and services for persons with HIV/AIDS and make recommendations to the County Executive, County Council, and the County Delegation to the state legislature regarding legislation.
- Recommend ways of maximizing the use of facilities and services available to prevent HIV/AIDS and provide resources for persons with HIV/AIDS.
- Provide direct communication among individuals, private and public organizations, and the general public regarding programs and services for persons with HIV/AIDS.
- Assist interagency planning groups and special task forces to identify and assess needs of persons with HIV/AIDS and the needs of communities for the prevention of HIV/AIDS.
- Identify barriers to service delivery and advocate for services to persons with HIV/AIDS.
- Promote the coordination of services among all public and private agencies, departments, and organizations, which provide services and programs to persons with HIV/AIDS.
- Identify and recommend to the County Executive sources of state and federal financial assistance available for the purpose of expanding or improving services and programs for persons with HIV/AIDS and for community outreach efforts on the prevention of HIV/AIDS.