Rail and Bus Transit Routes
Both Anne Arundel County and the City of Annapolis are currently served by a variety of public and specialized transportation, providing both local service and regional connections. The transit providers serving the County include:
Local/Regional Transit Information
Transportation Resource Information Point (TRIP) 1 (877) 331- TRIP (8747)
Local Transit Routes
Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) 1 (888) 218-2267
- Route 14 between Annapolis, Patapsco light rail station, and downtown Baltimore
- Route 17 between Parkway Center, BWI Airport, and Patapsco light rail station
Regional Transportation Agency (RTA) 1 (800) 270-9553
- Route 201: Laurel Mall/Arundel Mills Mall /Cromwell light rail station/Glen Burnie/Freetown
- Route 202: Arundel Mills Mall/Severn/Meade Village/Pioneer City/Seven Oaks/Odenton MARC/Odenton
- Route 203: A peak hour circulator route providing service between the Piney Orchard Community and the Odenton MARC Station
- Route 501: Laurel Mall to Maryland City
- Red Route: (Monday thru Saturday Service)Westfield Mall to Eastport via Admiral Drive and Hilltop Lane; serving Anne Arundel Medical Center, Admiral Oaks, Annapolis Marketplace, Hilltop Lane, Eastport Plaza.
- Yellow Route: (Monday thru Saturday Service) Westfield Mall to Riva Road; serving Westfield Mall, Housley Road, Riva Road, Truman Parkway, Heritage Court, Admiral Cochrane Drive
- Green Route: (Monday thru Saturday Service) Westfield Mall to Eastport via West Street; serving West Street Library, Church Circle, Compromise Street, Eastport Plaza.
- Orange Route: (Monday thru Friday Service) Downtown Annapolis to Forest Drive via Spa Road; serving Church Circle, Calvert Street, West Street, Spa Road, Copeland Road, Annapolis Marketplace, Newtowne, Robinwood, Hilltop Lane.
- Gold Route: (Monday thru Sunday Service) Edgewater to Arnold/AACC via Bestgate and Westfield Mall; serving South River Colony, Maryland Route 2, Admiral Cochrane Drive, Harbor Center, Westfield Mall, Anne Arundel Medical Center, Bestgate Road, Rowe Boulevard, Church Circle, Ritchie Highway, Anne Arundel Community College.
- Brown Route: (Monday thru Saturday Service) Westfield Mall to Eastport via Forest Drive; serving Forest Drive, Old Solomon’s Island Road, Copeland Road, Annapolis Marketplace, Newtowne, Robinwood, Bay Forest, Eastport Plaza.
- Purple Route A: (Monday thru Saturday Evenings/Sundays) Westfield Mall to Eastport via Annapolis Towne Centre & Church Circle; serving Westfield Mall, Housley Road, Annapolis Towne Centre, West Street Library, Church Circle, Compromise Street, Eastport Plaza.
- Purple Route B: (Monday thru Saturday Evenings/Sundays) Westfield Mall to Eastport via Annapolis Towne Centre & Church Circle; serving Westfield Mall, Housley Road, Forest Drive, Annapolis Marketplace, Hilltop Lane, Bay Forest Center, Eastport Plaza.
- Trolley Shuttle: Navy-Marine Corps Stadium parking lot/Church Circle/City Dock (off-peak only)
Commuter/Peak Hour Transit Routes
- Route 922 between Annapolis and Washington, D.C.
- Route 950 between Kent Island, Annapolis, and downtown Washington, D.C.
Young Transportation Service (301) 407-8401
- Route 921 between Annapolis and New Carrollton Metrorail station
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) (202) 637-7000
- Metrobus B-29 peak hour service from Crofton to New Carrollton, and B-30 service from BWI Airport/BWI Business Park light rail station to the Greenbelt Metrorail station
MARC Train/Light Rail Service
- MARC Commuter Rail Service on the Penn line with stops in Odenton and BWI Airport rail stations.
- Light Rail Service linking downtown Baltimore to Patapsco, Baltimore Highlands, Nursery Road, North Linthicum, Linthicum, BWI Business Park, BWI Airport, Ferndale and Cromwell stations in the County.
- Intercity rail passenger service is available at the BWI Airport rail station
- Intercity bus service from Annapolis Washington, D.C., Ocean City, and Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Other Useful Links