Annapolis, MD (August 4, 2017) - The Anne Arundel County Department of Aging and Disabilities Senior Nutrition Program is pleased to announce the Shop 'N Eat Program will return this fall. The pilot program previously held through April 2017 to June 2017 yielded over 300 participants. The program was able to help educate participants on healthy eating habits and provide subsidized grocery store cash cards to seniors around Anne Arundel County.
There have been some program changes we would like to highlight:
- We will issue the program on a quarterly basis beginning in September.
- There will be a preregistration requirement to ensure guaranteed service.
- We have increased available quantities to service 50 people at each distribution day.
- Participants will be required to participate in the nutrition education each quarter.
- Late arrivals (15 minutes or more) will result in ineligibility to participate that day.
- Expect to be at distribution for up to two and a half hours, this includes the nutrition education and the distribution time.
The September distribution days are as follows:
||ALL LOCATIONS BEGIN AT 9:00AM
||Wednesday- September 13th
||Wednesday- September 6th
||Friday- September 22nd
||Monday- September 18th
||Friday- September 8th
||Wednesday- September 20th
||Wednesday- September 27th
The preregistration period will begin Monday, August 21st, 2017
, at 8am
and will end on Friday September, 1st, 2017
, at 4pm
. You must call 410-222-0282
or email .
All interested participants must be 60 years or older, an Anne Arundel County resident, must show Maryland Identification and participate in the nutrition education. You may pay by cash, check or money order. Please complete the enclosed survey regarding Shop'N Eat and return in the
Anyone needing accommodations must contact Nicole Becerra at 410-222-0282
, or by email at at least seven days in advance of the event. TTY users, please call via Maryland Relay 7-1-1. Materials are available in an alternative format upon request.