Shop 'N Eat Program at Annapolis Activity Center Reminder
The Anne Arundel County Department of Aging and Disabilities, Nutrition Program Shop'N Eat (Subsidizing Healthy-food Options Plus Nutrition Education and Training). This is a program to educate and provide opportunities for Anne Arundel County's older adults to develop healthy eating habits through the use of subsidized grocery cash cards.
Seniors who live in Anne Arundel County and are at least 60 years of age can purchase a Shop ‘n Eat Cash Card for use at any participating grocery store.
Participants must show proof of Anne Arundel county residency, complete the required application and participate in the nutrition education to be eligible. Participants may pay by cash, check or money order only.
Rules and Guidelines
1. 60 years old or older
2. Maximum purchase amount will be $60.00 ($30.00 cost to participant)
3. Must be present at 9:30 a.m. to participate. Late arrivals (15 minutes or more) will result in ineligibility to participate that day.
4. All participants must be present for the nutrition education in order to purchase grocery cash cards.
5. Participants can only purchase at one senior center per month per quarter.
6. Pre-registration is required to ensure service for up to 50 participants at any one location.
The pre-registration period will begin Monday, August 21, 2017 at 8 am and will end promptly on Friday September, 1, 2017 at 4 pm for September Days. You have two options for pre-registration, you may call (410) 222-0282 or email Senior_Nutrition@aacounty.org. Please leave a message or email your full name, address, date of birth and which location you are interested in attending. Location request will be filled on a first come basis. Each request will be acknowledge by either phone or email response.