Mayo Peninsula Traffic
Submit comments on the signal phasing and intersection of Muddy Creek Road (MD 468) at Central Avenue (MD 214) to the Maryland State Highway Administration (SHA) website.
Anne Arundel County has more shoreline than any jurisdiction in the state, so we benefit from life on the water. We also have several peninsulas, including Broadneck, Pasadena, Annapolis, Mayo, Shady Side and Deale. These peninsulas offer unique traffic problems because they have only one way in and one way out.
The County is committed to improving traffic congestion on peninsulas through several initiatives:
- Advocating for road construction funding from the state to improve conditions on peninsula roads
- Forward funding construction projects on State roads, such as intersection improvements to MD 214 and MD 468
- Adhering to guidelines established in Small Area Plans
- Expanding sidewalks and shoulders where possible
- Revising the General Development Plan to plan growth responsibly