The Permit Center will open at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, February 5, 2015 for monthly staff training. Normal business hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. will resume on Friday, February 6, 2015.
Inspections and Permits
Hours of Operation: Permit Center: Accepts applications 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m except holidays.
The Department of Inspections and Permits strives to provide the citizens of Anne Arundel County with the highest inspection standards consistent with the adopted codes and regulations. This is accomplished through the consistent and equitable application of regulations in the built and natural environment through plans review, inspections, enforcement and the issuance of permits and licenses.
- Takes in all building, grading and trade permits
- Takes in all subdivision applications
- Investigate non-permitted development complaints
- Implementation and enforcement of Forest Conservation Act and Chesapeake Bay Critical Area forestation provisions
- Building permit Site Review inspections
- Licenses taxicabs
- Building trade licenses including electrical, plumbing, mechanical, etc.
- Amusements bingo, and gaming licenses for fundraising
- Space permits for mobile homes
- Inspects all new commercial and residential construction
- Inspects complaints of structures built without permits or out-of-scope of permits
- Sediment Control and Stormwater Management Inspections
- Critical Area Programs
- Infrastructure Inspections
- Marsh Grasses Available
- Inspects complaints of properties to ensure adherence to the Zoning Code
- Issues Zoning Certificates of Use for business uses in the County