Our main office is housed in Anne Arundel County Circuit Court located on Church Circle in Annapolis. It consists of trial teams that specialize in:
- Sex Offense and Child Abuse
- Violent Crimes (including assaults, robberies, etc.)
- Controlled Dangerous Substances (drug cases)
- Property Crimes (burglaries, theft)
- Economic Crimes
- Conviction Integrity Unit
Cases heard in Circuit Court are typically felonies or serious misdemeanors that carry the possibility of substantial jail time.
- STINGStrategic Targeted Investigations of Narcotics and Gangs (STING) is a specialized unit that utilizes Intelligence Driven Prosecution to identify the top criminal offenders plaguing individual communities. STING works hand in hand with other law enforcement agencies to develop long-term investigations and prosecute organized crime and gangs throughout the county.
- Violent CrimesViolent Crime is a specialized unit responsible for the prosecution of murder, attempted murder, handgun offenses, kidnapping, armed robbery, carjacking and assault.
In an effort to rid our county of violent offenders, the prosecutors of these units are specially trained in a variety of strategies to account for the highly complex and unique nature of each case.
- Drug CrimesDrug Crimes is a specialized unit responsible for the prosecution of two main crimes: distribution of a controlled dangerous substance, and possession with intent to distribute a controlled dangerous substance. It is not uncommon for these cases to also involve firearm charges.
- Special VictimsSpecial Victims is a specialized unit responsible for the prosecution of child abuse and sex offenses. These crimes include sex abuse, rape, child pornography, and physical abuse of children.
- Domestic ViolenceDomestic Violence is a subset of the Special Victims Unit that is responsible for the prosecution of crimes committed against intimate partners. These cases are subject to unique circumstances and concerns due to the ongoing relationship between the defendant and victim. The prosecutors of this unit are trained to recognize specific patterns of behavior needed to develop serious cases, and work closely with the victim advocate to hold the abuser accountable while addressing the needs and concerns of the victim.
- Financial CrimesFinancial Crimes is a specialized unit responsible for the prosecution of embezzlement, fraud against federal agencies, tax fraud, credit card theft, identity theft, and other high-value thefts.
- Property CrimesProperty Crimes is a specialized unit responsible for the prosecution of burglaries and felony theft cases. The prosecutors of this unit present the case against the defendant, seek restitution for victim compensation, and work alongside Victim Witness Advocates the ensure victims are heard.
- Conviction IntegrityConviction Integrity is a specialized unit responsible for investigating claims of innocence by a convicted defendant.
- MisdemeanorsMisdemeanors is responsible for the prosecution of prayers for a jury trial and appeals from the District Court. These cases typically involve second degree assault, theft, DUIs, and misdemeanor drug offenses.
Circuit Courthouse - Annapolis, MD.