Department of Public Works Vision & Mission
Land Use Core Group Vision
Our vision is that development in Anne Arundel County will proceed in a manner that is well planned and respectful of private property rights; ensures that our citizens live and work in safe structures; provides the infrastructure necessary to support and enhance our quality of life; promotes economic expansion and job creation; protects our open spaces and historic structures; and offers ample opportunities for recreation, athletic participation and interaction with our natural environment.
Mission of the Department of Public Works
Our mission is to:
- provide safe drinking water in public service areas
- manage the collection and processing of wastewater in public service areas
- manage collection, processing and recycling of solid waste
- design and construct public works, including roads, bridges, governmental buildings and plants
- construct, maintain and restore County roads
- restore County waterways, and
- administer the County’s MS-4 Stormwater Permit.