I am the first in a family of AACDPW guides working with you to keep Anne Arundel County a fantastic place to live, work and, of course, play. Assigned to the Bureau of Utility Operations, I am here to share some water wisdom. Let’s talk about our County’s award-winning water and how you can tap into a champion.
When it comes to the age-old debate of tap vs. bottled water, I crush the competition. Not only is my water healthier to drink, but I am more convenient, reliable and cost-effective. Whether it’s for drinking, bathing, cooking or cleaning, Splash is always there! Would you continue buying bottled soda if you had a fountain machine in your home? Of course not!
So, with the best of the best coming out of your pipes, we want to make sure all our residents treat this award-winning water like the champion it is. To help me train like a champion and save you money, execute these simple steps:
- Turn off the faucet when you’re brushing your teeth or washing dishes
- Shorten your shower time by 1 minute
- Fix leaky faucets
- Check toilet fixtures annually
You may be wondering how I became the champ! Well, let Splash break it down for you. With your help, AACDPW maintains award-winning water by:
- Producing clean drinking water in 13 Water Treatment Plants with a state-of-the-art, multi-step water treatment process
- Treating wastewater in 6 Enhanced Nutrient Removal Water Reclamation facilities
- Maintaining a 1,400-mile water distribution system to safely deliver water
- Performing thousands of water quality tests to ensure quality drinking water
- Protecting our most valuable resource through water conservation awareness
We can maintain our championship water, together. Work with me and AACDPW’s Bureau of Utility Operations in making a difference. Stay on the lookout over the next few months for more tips and tricks from your buddy, Splash.To learn more about water, wastewater and infrastructure, follow me over to the Bureau of Utility Operations page.