Required for all of the following:
- Special Exceptions
- Critical Area Reclassifications
- Variances to the following:
- Related to the Critical Area Program (e.g. Buffers)
- New single family dwelling
- Disturbance of 5,000 square feet or greater
- Environmentally Sensitive Areas (tidal wetlands, bogs, streams, steep slopes, and their associated buffers)
Applicants call the Zoning Division at (410) 222-7437 to schedule a pre-file meeting with a Planner.
Applicants are required to bring a site plan per §18-16-201 and letter of explanation to the meeting.
A pre-file plan shall include:
- the outline of the property and topography with steep slopes and buffers delineated with scale and north arrow which requirement may be satisfied by a County GIS with tax map boundary overlay;
- zoning boundaries;
- critical area and bog protection areas;
- existing and proposed structures and uses;
- setbacks and parking;
- access and interior road circulation;
- conceptual utilities and drainage structures;
- forested areas and mean high water lines;
- all natural features and required buffers; and
- a vicinity map.
After review, team comments will be provided to the applicant in a timely manner for use in submitting the application. Applications may be submitted any day on a walk-in basis.