Pension System Information
The County offers four Pension Plans. Click on the link for a description of each plan.
- Deferred Compensation 457(b) Plan
- Keeping Your Retirement Account Current
- Divorce/Domestic Relations Order/QDRO
- Retirement Calculators
The Retirement Benefit Estimate calculators are intended to allow you to generate an estimate of our future County retirement benefits; however, it does not replace the actual calculation of benefits when you retire. We hope that you will find this estimate program helpful in your retirement planning decisions. To use the program, you will need to provide some information about yourself, your beneficiary, you employment history, and you salary history. You may find it helpful to have your latest County Annual Statement available since some of the information required is found on the statement.Explore your potential benefit amounts using different retirement dates and different levels of potential future earning. The calculators will show your estimated retirement benefits as well as an estimate of disability and survivor benefit amounts on your record if you should become disabled or die today.
- Counseling ServicesRetirement Counseling sessions are available for employees who intend to retire from the County on service, early service or disability retirement. Generally these appointments are scheduled at most three months prior to your intended retirement date. At these appointments, the Analyst will help you complete your paperwork, explain the options available to you and answer any questions you may have about separation from service.To schedule a counseling appointment, or to get more information about the retirement process, please contact the appropriate Pension Analyst at (410) 222-7400.
Last Names A-L:
Last Names M-Z:
- Retirement Information SessionsThese information sessions are recommended for those employees who are contemplating retirement within the next 5 years. Reservations are required. Seating is limited so if you wish to attend one of these sessions or have questions, please contact Kellie Reilly or Joanna Winchester at (410) 222-7400.Employees’ Retirement Plan:2/2/2015 9AM - 12PM - Arundel Center Council Chambers 44 Calvert Street, Annapolis, MD. 21401 ** Registration required by October 30thFire and Police Retirement Plans:12/1/2015 - 9AM - 12PM - Fire Headquarters 8501 Veteran's Hwy. Millersville, MD. 21108 ** Registration required by October 30thDetention Officer/Deputy Sheriff Plan:no dates currently scheduled