Vision & Mission
Land Use Core Group Vision
Our vision is that development in Anne Arundel County will proceed in a manner that is well planned and respectful of private property rights; ensures that our citizens live and work in safe structures; provides the infrastructure necessary to support and enhance our quality of life; promotes economic expansion and job creation; protects our open spaces and historic structures; and offers ample opportunities for recreation, athletic participation and interaction with our natural environment.
Mission of the Department of Inspections and Permits
Our mission is to:
- provide efficient plan review and permit processing of development projects
- inspect all building, grading and infrastructure permits to ensure compliance with building codes, laws and regulations and to protect public health and safety and the natural environment
- investigate all customer complaints for unauthorized and unpermitted development and construction in critical areas
- issue permits and commercial licenses, and
- inspect private stormwater facilities as part of the County’s stormwater management program.