About Inspections and Permits
The Department of Inspections and Permits strives to provide the citizens of Anne Arundel County with the highest inspection standards consistent with the adopted codes and regulations. This is accomplished through the consistent and equitable application of regulations in the built and natural environment through plans review, inspections, enforcement and the issuance of permits and licenses.
The Department is comprised of the following divisions:
- Takes in all building, grading and trade permits
- Takes in all subdivision applications
- Investigate non-permitted development complaints
- Implementation and enforcement of Forest Conservation Act and Chesapeake Bay Critical Area forestation provisions
- Building permit Site Review inspections
- Licenses taxicabs
- Building trade licenses including electrical, plumbing, mechanical, etc.
- Amusements bingo, and gaming licenses for fundraising
- Space permits for mobile homes
- Inspects all new commercial and residential construction
- Inspects complaints of structures built without permits or out-of-scope of permits
- Sediment Control and Stormwater Management Inspections
- Critical Area Programs
- Infrastructure Inspections
- Marsh Grasses Available
- Reviews infrastructure, stormwater management and grading for subdivision applications.
- Reviews infrastructure, stormwater management and grading for site plans, grading and building permits.