Anne Arundel United
Your job as an ambassador will consist of helping communicate a positive Anne Arundel County that embraces different viewpoints, nationalities and races. Ambassadors represent the goals of our "No Hate" initiatives at local high schools, community events and other venues to spread the message of unity. Ambassadors are specially trained to facilitate dialogue and help the community discuss matters of racial controversy.
As an ambassador, you can show off your Anne Arundel County United pride, and even brainstorm new ideas to help your community grow in becoming united as one.
Duties & Responsibilities
Community Ambassadors have the duties of:
- Develop new connections and utilize established channels to communicate needs and stay current on all programs within the Arundel United initiative
- Advocate for local partners in planning and activities that will lead communities towards consistency in community campaigns for peace and equity
- Educate the community about County resources
- Connect opportunities for providing education and presentations surrounding sensitive discussions
- Assist in establishing special youth programs and events, as well as community outreach booths and opportunities for communities to collaborate
- Report to the Community and Minority Outreach Officer important news and opportunities
- Assist in recruiting and referring potential volunteers that represent the needs within the community that they are familiar with
- Represent Anne Arundel United at designated businesses, civic, nonprofit, and community event booths
Anne Arundel United Videos