The Real Estate Division’s primary role is to manage and control all County property through effective management practices and identifying revenue and cost reduction opportunities. This includes all property leases, including water and cell tower leases.
The Real Estate Division’s mission is to provide a high quality work environment for county employees and maximize revenue for the great citizens of Anne Arundel County. Real Estate can be reached at (410) 222-7913.
- Property management, including leasing surplus office space for commercial and non-profit interests, leasing sites for telecommunications and water towers and monitoring property boundaries for encroachments.
- Sell, transfer, and manage surplus real property in accordance with all policy and procedures as outlined in the County Code.
- Prepare and manage all County lease/license agreements related to real property throughout County Government.
- Respond to real property requests from citizens, businesses or other County Departments.
- Negotiation of memoranda of understanding and other agreements in partnership with state and local agencies, community and other groups for the benefit of the community.
- Assurance that all AAC real property interests are managed in the most cost-effective manner.
- Administration of program to ensure accurate revenue forecasting, expense monitoring, and tenant compliance that yields a balanced budget.