Vision & Mission
Human Services Core Group Vision
Our vision is that every citizen of Anne Arundel County will live in a safe community in a quality home that he or she can afford, be financially secure and properly nourished, have the job skills needed to succeed in the workplace, be part of a well functioning family unit, have equal opportunity, have access to comprehensive physical and behavioral health services, and live a long, healthy and fulfilled life.
Mission of the Department of Aging and Disabilities
Our mission is to:
- improve the quality of life of our citizens by providing options and resources to older adults and adults with disabilities to enable them to live independent and meaningful lives
- empower navigation of nutrition, transportation, education, socialization, affordable housing, and other supportive services that meet individualized needs
- coordinate long-term care support to promote a healthy independent life in the community
- streamline human services support through a single point of access
- enrich the lives of active, older adults through programs offered through senior activity centers
- ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and
- advocate and protect individual rights that are self directed.