Living Well Series
Sponsored by Anne Arundel County Department of Aging and Disabilities, Living Well with Diabetes is a 6 week workshop designed to help participants manage their diabetes. This program teaches participants how to manage their blood sugar levels, how to count carbohydrates and provides information about reading nutrition labels. It also teaches the participants about appropriate exercise and assists in managing symptoms associated with both high and low blood sugar levels. Over the course of 6 weeks, participants come once a week for 2.5 hours. To register for this series, participant can have pre-diabetes, type 1 or 2, or attend as a support person.
Workshops are free, but space is limited to 20 at each workshop. Registration is required. For additional information, please call the Department of Aging at 410-222-4366.
- Register for Living Well with Diabetes
A free 2.5 hour workshop designed for people who have been diagnosed with hypertension and want to learn how to better manage their condition. The workshop is very interactive with lots of activities and handouts. The following topics are covered:
- What is High Blood Pressure?
- Complications Associated with Hypertension
- Blood Pressure Categories
- Effects of Salt/Sodium Intake
- Decreasing Salt When Eating Out
- Tips for Overcoming Barriers to Taking Medications
- Steps and Tips for Home Monitoring
- Understanding Your Numbers
The workshop is free, but space is limited to 15 participants. Registration is required. For additional information, please call the Department of Aging at 410-222-4366.
- Register for Living Well with Hypertension