Vision & Mission
Land Use Core Group Vision
Our vision is that development in Anne Arundel County will proceed in a manner that is well planned and respectful of private property rights; ensures that our citizens live and work in safe structures; provides the infrastructure necessary to support and enhance our quality of life; promotes economic expansion and job creation; protects our open spaces and historic structures; and offers ample opportunities for recreation, athletic participation and interaction with our natural environment.
Mission of the Administrative Hearing Office
Our mission is to:
- hear petitions for and issue decisions regarding zoning reclassifications, critical-area reclassifications, special exceptions and variances to zoning and critical-area provisions of the County Code
- provide relevant information to petitioners, interested parties and the public
- resolve contract disputes related to the performance of County contracts
- assure that our procedures are accessible and navigable, and
- maintain records of all decisions.