In the Spotlight
About the Board
The Liquor Board provides administrative and enforcement services to the Anne Arundel County Board of License Commissioners. The Board’s responsibilities include:
- Processing new liquor license applications and requests such as: ownership transfer, change of name, extension of premises, officer changes, change of license type, etc.
- Enforcement of liquor laws as set forth in Annotated Code of Maryland, Alcoholic Beverages I, Titles 1-12, and Anne Arundel County rules and regulations established by the Board of License Commissioners. Liquor license inspectors are directed by the administrative staff.
- Maintaining license records and handling all correspondence with licensees.
- Scheduling and attending public hearings for licenses
The Board of License Commissioners regulates the retail sale of alcoholic beverages within Anne Arundel County. The Board, consisting of a Chairman and two commissioners and an attorney:
- Oversees the enforcement of liquor laws as set forth in Annotated Code of Maryland, Alcoholic Beverages I, Titles 1-12.
- Establishes the Anne Arundel County liquor rules and regulations, as set forth in “Rules and Regulations of the Board of License Commissioners for Anne Arundel County."
- Presides over public hearings for licenses.