Downs Park Fishing Pier
The 330 foot fishing pier at Downs Park is located on the Chesapeake Bay. The fishing pier is wheel chair accessible. Unless otherwise posted the pier is open during normal park hours: 7:00 a.m. - dusk. The park is closed on Tuesdays.
For additional information please contact Downs Park office at 410-222-6230.
Fishing Pier Rules
All Maryland fishing/crabbing laws, rules and regulations apply.
- No swimming or diving.
- No pets, bicycles, skateboards, or grills.
- No alcoholic beverages.
- No tobacco products.
- DO NOT cut bait or clean fish on wood rails, benches or deck.
- Children must be supervised.
- Park closes at dusk.
- In emergency dial 911 or contact a park ranger.
- As a safety precaution, all activities must cease upon the first sound of thunder or sign of lightning. Activities may be resumed only after a 30 minute delay beyond the last sign of lightning or sound of thunder.