Lasting Gift Program Guidelines
To donate a Lasting Gift, please use the following guidelines:
- Apply through a recognized Friends organization.
- The Friends organization will acknowledge your memorial donations on their letterhead for your tax records.
- The appropriate Park Superintendent must approve all memorials in advance.
- The appropriate Park Superintendent will approve all gift site locations before installation.
- The appropriate Park Superintendent and Friends organization will facilitate the purchase of approved gifts and oversee installation.
- No signage is permitted in the parks. Benches may have a small plaque installed on the bench and trees will be provided with an appropriate tag.
- While we will take reasonable care of trees and memorials we do not guarantee that trees and plants will survive for any specified length of time. Donor will be notified in the event that the memorial has to be removed for any reason and will be offered the opportunity to replace it.
- Private horticultural care (spraying, pruning, etc.) will not be allowed; the park staff will provide all maintenance.