How to complain about a Police Officer
It is the policy of the Anne Arundel County Police Department to investigate all complaints against department employees.
The Internal Affairs Section is responsible for investigating and reviewing citizen complaints in a fair and equitable manner. Citizens may file a complaint:
- Using the below online complaint form
- In person or in writing, with the internal Affairs Section at the following address:
How to Complain about a Police Officer
Write to: Anne Arundel County Police Department
Internal Affairs Section
8495 Veterans Highway
Millersville, MD 21108
- For citizens who wish to appear in person, business hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Citizens may file a complaint by telephone with the internal Affairs Office at (410) 222-8740 - There is a voice mail system for those who call after business hours
- Citizens may also file a complaint (in person, in writing, or by telephone) at any time with any supervisor at any of the 4 district stations
- Citizens may obtain annual statistics by making a written request to the Internal Affairs Section
Persons may be held criminally and/or civilly liable for knowingly filing a false complaint or making a false statement.
Online Complaint Form: