Why Work for Anne Arundel County?
Welcome to the Anne Arundel County
Office of Personnel Human Resources Department
Andrea Fulton - Personnel Officer
- Current openings at Anne Arundel County Government
Anne Arundel County Government employees are provided one of the most competitive pay and benefits packages in the area. A comprehensive flexible benefits plan includes a generous health plan
with vision and dental options (subsidized by the county) along with flexible spending accounts for uninsured health costs and child care expenses. Life insurance
is offered to employees, their spouses and children. Employees may choose from additional voluntary benefits
benefits such as short term disability insurance, long term care insurance, or pre-paid legal services. Defined benefit pension plans
are based on years of service without age restrictions. In addition, a deferred compensation
plan is offered as an additional retirement benefit. Employee contributions to benefit plans reduce the individual’s pre-tax income to provide additional savings to the employee. Other benefits include Paid Time Off
, an Employee Assistance Program
, Educational Assistance
, and a Smoke Free Environment
Anne Arundel County is rich in its natural and business resources. It has a charter form of government with both executive and legislative branches. Anne Arundel County Government employees are providing a vast array of services to the citizens of this diverse county with a strong focus on customer service.
With a workforce in excess of 4,200 employees, nearly 490,000 citizens:
- Are protected by a community oriented police force
- Are provided responsive emergency and fire protection services
- Have access to beautiful parks and recreation facilities and programs
- Have progressive land use and planning services in place to address the challenges of controlled growth and preservation of our land
- Have clean water and well-maintained roads and wastewater systems
- Receive curbside trash and recycling services and state of art landfills
- Are engaged in internal services supporting the expanding financial, business, human resources and information technology needs of county government and many more occupational areas
County employees make a real difference for our communities, for our customers, for our citizens!
Anne Arundel County Classification and Pay Plan
NOTE: Anne Arundel County is accepting applications ONLY for those jobs listed under Job Announcements
. All legislated positions are listed under Job Classifications, but jobs are not available UNLESS THEY ARE LISTED UNDER JOB ANNOUNCEMENTS!
Future announcements: If the job you are looking for is not currently being announced, but becomes available within the next 12 months, we can notify you its opening. Just follow these simple steps.
- Scroll down through the list of Job Classifications, a list of all titles in our classification plan
- Choose the one you are interested in and select the option "E-mail me when this position opens"
- Provide your name, address, home and work phone numbers, and e-mail address
We will notify you by e-mail when there is an announcement for a position with the title you have chosen. You may repeat this process as often as you wish. Should your e-mail change, you will need to repeat this process to insure proper notice.