Office of Personnel Mission Statement
The mission of the Office of Personnel is to support the employees of Anne Arundel County Government who provide public services to our citizens. The Office of Personnel provides human resources services that promote a work environment characterized by open communications, personal accountability, and fair treatment of all employees, trust, mutual respect, and equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. The Office of Personnel serves as the catalyst to assure employee success in the performance of the County’s mission, keeping in focus that human resources are our most valued assets.
We will accomplish this by the following:
- Promoting and recruiting the most qualified people recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the work place
- Retaining our valued employees by assuring effective leadership qualities in our managers, providing a competitive salary and benefit package, developing the full potential of our workforce through training and career development, conducting exit interviews and providing relevant feed back to managers, and enhancing two-way communications between employees and management
- Providing a work atmosphere that is safe, healthy and secure and that is cognizant of the work-life goals of our employees
- Establishing, administering and effectively communicating sound policies, rules and practices that treat employees with dignity and equality while maintaining the County’s compliance with employment and labor laws, management directives and labor agreements
- Ensuring the women and men of the Personnel Office are given the tools, training and motivation to operate in a highly effective and efficient manner