Board of License Commissioners for Anne Arundel County
Administrator: Judy J. Hagner
Location: 2660 Riva Road, Suite 360 Annapolis, Maryland 21401
General Information: (410) 222-1148 | FAX: (410) 222-1810
Hours of Operations:
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. except Holidays
Mission of the Board
The Liquor Board provides administrative and enforcement services to the Anne Arundel County Board of License Commissioners. The Board’s responsibilities include:
- Processing new liquor license applications and requests such as: ownership transfer, change of name, extension of premises, officer changes, change of license type, etc.
- Enforcement of liquor laws as set forth in Article 2B, Annotated Code of Maryland, and Anne Arundel County rules and regulations established by the Board of License Commissioners. Liquor license inspectors are directed by the administrative staff.
- Maintaining license records and handling all correspondence with licensees.
- Scheduling and attending public hearings for licenses
The Board of License Commissioners regulates the retail sale of alcoholic beverages within Anne Arundel County. The Board, consisting of a Chairman and two commissioners and an attorney:
- Oversees the enforcement of liquor laws as set forth in Article 2B, Annotated Code of Maryland.
- Establishes the Anne Arundel County liquor rules and regulations, as set forth in “Rules and Regulations of the Board of License Commissioners for Anne Arundel County."
- Presides over public hearings for licenses.
Approves/disapproves liquor license applications and imposes sanctions and fines for infractions of the Rules and Regulations, and/or Article 2B, Annotated Code of Maryland
Map of Current Licenses in Anne Arundel County