Schedule a Building, Trade or Grading Permit Inspection
The Automated Inspection Request Systems are designed to dispatch inspection requests and/or cancellations for the next working day or future dates for building, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, water, sewer and grading permits. If you have a grading permit, you must have passed a Phase 1 grading inspection (all sediment controls in place) prior to scheduling a footing inspection. Building and trade inspection requests may be made up to midnight the evening prior to the requested inspection date. Your permit must be active for 24 hours before you can request your first inspection.
Grading pre-construction and final inspections can be requested through the inspection systems, but you must speak with your grading inspector to set the inspection date. If you don’t know your grading inspector’s phone number, call (410) 222-7780.
Before scheduling your final building inspection, all associated trade permits must have passed final inspections. On commercial and tenant improvement building permits, the Fire Marshal’s office must have also passed a final inspection prior to scheduling the final building inspection. Contact the Fire Marshal at (410) 222-7884.
Reinspection fees will be charged if the work is not ready for inspection or if violations are not corrected. A copy of the approved construction drawings and grading plans must be on site at all times. If you do not have access to the internet or a touch-tone phone, call (410) 222-7784 between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. If your request is accepted and does not occur on the date scheduled, please notify this office at (410) 222-7784.
Online Schedule Permit Inspection System
- Select Request Permit Inspection in the Quick Links on the main page of www.aacounty.org.
- From the Permit Internet Menu, select Schedule Permit Inspections.
- Enter the Permit Number and select Submit.
- Select the requested date and inspection type from the drop down boxes and click Submit.
- Verify the information is correct and select Submit. Be sure to note the 7-digit authorization number.
- To cancel an inspection, follow steps #1 to 3 above, then click on Cancel Permit Inspection and enter the appropriate information including the permit number and authorization number and click Submit. The system will ask you to verify the information is correct, then click Cancel This Inspection Request.
- Block inspections may also be requested. A block permit is a sequential group of permit numbers, e.g. B01010000, B01010001, etc. Block permit inspection requests can only be done for one type of inspection. Please follow prompts.
If your inspection does not occur on the day requested, please call (410) 222-7784. Inspections can also be called into (410) 222-7784 if there is a problem with the Automated System.
Telephone Inspection Request **Touch Tone Phones Only**
- Dial (410) 222-4432, or (301) 970-1948, Washington Metro
- Enter 9-digit permit number and press # key. Permit number is found in upper right hand corner of the permit. The letter prefix should be entered by pressing the key containing that letter (Example- B=2).
- Enter the 3-digit inspection type code (see Inspection Type Directory).
- Enter # if you would like to inspection on the next workday. If not, enter date (month, day) then press #key. (Example- March 5 would be 0305)
- The above information will be repeated to you. If correct, press the # key. If wrong, press * key and try again.
- If request is accepted, you will be given a 7-digit authorization number. Please write it down. If you need to cancel the inspection, you will need this number.
- For another inspection request, press the # key. If none, hang up.
- To cancel an inspection, enter the permit number and press the # key; enter the authorization number and press the # key.
- To check the result of an inspection, enter the permit number and press the # key. Enter inspection type and press the # key.
|Inspection Types Directory |
Pier or bulkhead
Commercial ceiling close-in
On-site W/S progress
|Water & Sewer|
Water & Sewer
Swimming pool bonding
|Grading Permit Inspections|
|Stop Work Order re-inspection||140|