Welcome to the Anne Arundel County Commission on HIV/AIDS Webpage!
The following dates are scheduled meetings for the 2014 Anne Arundel County Commission on HIV/AIDS. All meetings will be held at the Anne Arundel County Department of Health, 3 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401, Health Officer's Conference Room from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., unless otherwise stated.
Commission Meetings for 2014
March 5, 2014
June 4, 2014
September 3, 2014
December 3, 2014
The Purpose of the Commission is to:
- Promote and enhance the quality of life for people with HIV/AIDS.
- Provide education and training on the prevention of HIV and AIDS.
- Advise the County Executive and the County Council on the coordination and development of government policies, programs, services and allocation of resources for education and prevention, diagnosis and treatment, and community support for persons with HIV/AIDS.
The Duties and Responsibilities of the Commission are:
- Review available services and activities for persons with HIV/AIDS; gather data regarding their needs, and review reports and publications of governmental agencies that provide services and support to persons with HIV/AIDS
- Review County, State and Federal legislation that may impact public health initiatives and services for persons with HIV/AIDS and make recommendations to the County Executive, County Council, and the County Delegation to the state legislature regarding legislation.
- Recommend ways of maximizing the use of facilities and services available to prevent HIV/AIDS and provide resources for persons with HIV/AIDS.
- Provide direct communication among individuals, private and public organizations, and the general public regarding programs and services for persons with HIV/AIDS.
- Assist interagency planning groups and special task forces to identify and assess needs of persons with HIV/AIDS and the needs of communities for the prevention of HIV/AIDS.
- Identify barriers to service delivery and advocate for services to persons with HIV/AIDS.
- Promote the coordination of services among all public and private agencies, departments, and organizations, which provide services and programs to persons with HIV/AIDS.
- Identify and recommend to the County Executive sources of state and federal financial assistance available for the purpose of expanding or improving services and programs for persons with HIV/AIDS and for community outreach efforts on the prevention of HIV/AIDS.
Related Programs and Services
- Anne Arundel County Department of Health
- People’s Community Health Centers
- Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
Commission Members and Ex-Officio Representatives
For more information call the Anne Arundel County Department of Health at (410) 222-4113, Fax (410) 222-7231.