Anne Arundel Co. Fire Department - Communications Division
The Fire Department Communications Division is responsible for receiving emergency Fire, Rescue and Ambulance calls via 9-1-1 as well as non-emergency communications for the department. Trained Emergency Medical Dispatchers provide telephone instructions to callers utilizing medical protocols based on the National Academy of Emergency Medical Dispatch. Emergency units are dispatched and all calls are monitored to their conclusion. Anne Arundel County was the first 9-1-1 systems in the State of Maryland to be Phase II wireless operational.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Emergency notifications of County officials
- The purchase of radio, pager, and telephone equipment along with the installation and maintenance of the aforementioned equipment
- The creation and maintenance all the Fire Department response maps
- Updating and maintaining the CAD system
- Installation, maintenance, and management support for the Fire Department networks