Drainage maintenance is performed by the Bureau of Highways using the following types of service:
Culvert & Closed Storm Drain Program
- The Bureau of Highways is responsible for the inventory, inspection, and maintenance of the County's culverts and closed storm drain systems.
Ditch/Curb and Gutter Cleaning
- Cleaning of all County-owned curbs/gutters; curbs/gutters are only cleaned to remove an obstruction to drainage.
- Construction of new drainage systems including inlets, pipes, headwalls, and/or placement of outfall protection on County-maintained property.
Drain Pipe Repair and Replacement
- Repair or replacement of County-owned storm drain pipes.
Emergency Storm Drain Program
- Resolving flooding or water ponding problems that are caused by storm runoff from County-maintained roadways.
- Repair of eroded areas caused by water coming from a County-owned or County-maintained road.
Inland and Coastal Flooding
- List of flood prone road segments and links for services and information.
Storm Drain Cleaning
- Cleaning of storm drain inlets on County-owned property.
Storm Drain Repair
- Repair to storm drain inlets and manholes on County-maintained property.
Stormwater Management Facilities
- Maintenance of all County-owned stormwater management ponds including mowing.
- planned sweeping program for County-maintained roads.