How to do Business with Anne Arundel County
All purchases of goods, services and construction must be made in accordance with rules and regulations as specified in the Anne Arundel County Code.
These requirements are as follows:
- Purchases up to $5,000.00 - one quotation
- Purchases exceeding $5,000 to $25,000 - attempt to obtain three quotations confirmed in writing
- Purchases over $25,000 - formal public solicitation requiring advertising in a newspaper of general circulation
All capital construction projects require Bid Bonds (5% of proposed price); Performance Bond (100% of award amount) and Labor and Material Bond (50% of award amount).
Commodity/Service Invitations for Bids (IFB) and Requests for Proposals (RFP) may require any of the bondsstated above. The requirement will be specified in the IFB or RFP when applicable.
All service and construction contracts require insurance certificates for general liability, workers compensation and may require automobile liability naming the County as an additional insured.
Steps to Take to Receive a Bid
- Make contact with the Purchasing Office Personnel responsible by buying the commodity or service which you provide.
- Meet with the Purchasing Office Personnel responsible by buying your commodity or service.
- Respond to all bid notices, RFQs or RFPs sent by the Purchasing Office