Instructions for Filing an Appeal
You must provide the following information:
- Notice of Appeal Form*
- Filing Fee*
- County Agency’s Written Decision*
- List of Property Owners within 175’ of subject property
- Councilmanic District Number for subject property
* Must be filed at the time of appeal
Time for Filing:
Most appeals must be filed within 30 days of the date of the County’s decision. It is your responsibility to check the County Code for the specific deadlines applicable to your appeal.
Board of Appeals Filing Fees
|Reclassifications, Special Exceptions and Grading Permits||$400.00|
|Variances, Utility Extensions and All Other Appeals||$250.00|
Please make your check/money order payable to Anne Arundel County.
List of Property Owners within 175’:
The property owners list must be submitted within 30 days of filing your appeal (excluding cases appealed from the Administrative Hearing Officer, Personnel, and Animal Control). Property owners' names and addresses can be obtained (in person) from the Tax Assessment Office located at 45 Calvert Street, 3rd Floor, Annapolis, MD. Please see Rule 2-101(c) for further information.
Councilmanic District Number:
This information must be submitted within 30 days of filing your appeal. If you cannot locate your district on the Council Districts
map, call the Council offices in either Annapolis (410) 222-1401 or Glen Burnie (410) 222-6890 with your street address.
* If the List of Property Owners within 175’ and the Councilmanic District Number are not received by the required time, the Board may choose to dismiss the appeal.
Please call the Board of Appeals Office at (410) 222-1119 should you have any questions.