Foster Grandparents - Share Your Love and Experience
Eligibility: Any person 55 and older who meets income-eligibility requirements.
Phone Number: (410) 222-4464
The Foster Grandparent Program engages persons 55 and older, particularly those with limited incomes, in volunteer service to meet critical community needs and to provide a high quality experience that will enrich the lives of the volunteers. Also, Foster Grandparents give back to the community by mentoring and offering a loving presence in the lives of developmentally and at risk youths in various community settings.
If you are:
- Able to meet certain income criteria
- 55 years or older
- Able to commit to 20 - 40 hours per week
- Enjoy working with children
- Looking to make a difference in the community
- In good physical/mental health
Volunteering as a Foster Grandparent offers emotional support to children who need the care and time you can give them.
Foster Grandparents Benefits:
- Modest tax free stipend (for those who are income eligible)
- Monthly In-Service Trainings
- Paid Training
- Placement near home
- Free physical exam
- Paid vacation and sick days, and holidays
- Annual recognition event
- Mileage reimbursement
- The reward of helping a child advance and receive endless smiles and hugs