Maryland Access Point (MAP) / Information and Assistance
The Place to Start
What kinds of services are available? Am I eligible for any drug discount programs? Does Mom meet eligibility requirements for services? What benefits may be available to help pay for care? Is there any transportation to help me get to a doctor’s appointment?
- MAP is based on the belief that older adults or adults with disabilities and their families should have options and choices for receiving services
- MAP can provide information and assistance on numerous services available to older adults
- Trained caring staff will help sort through options, make referrals, help with forms and follow up to be sure the right services are accessed
- All assistance is prompt, completely confidential, friendly and thorough.
Whether the question is understanding Medicare, where to find leisure time activities, how to care for a frail older relative, how to locate senior housing, assisted living or a nursing home - MAP is the place to start.
Everyone is encouraged to use Maryland Access Point (MAP) - older adults, adults with disabilities, and those of any age who have questions or concerns about someone in need. No question or concern is too trivial or too involved.
- Americans With Disabilities Act Information
- Disabilities Information and Awareness Line (DIAL)
- Commission on Disabilities Issues
- Korean Version