Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Information
For more information: Information and Technical Assistance on the Americans with Disabilities Act - www.ADA.Gov
To learn more, call: (410) 222-4383 or (410) 222-4526, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also providing information about the Fair Housing Amendments Act and Architectural Barriers Act
The Americans With Disabilities Act was passed to set standards for meeting the needs and protecting the rights of persons with disabilities. Questions regarding all aspects of the Americans With Disabilities Act, Fair Housing Amendments Act, and Architectural Barrier Act can be addressed to the Anne Arundel County ADA Coordinator located in the Anne Arundel County Department of Aging and Disabilities. The Americans With Disabilities Act covers:
- Technical standards for physical accessibility in the community (facility accessibility issues, ramp codes, transportation standards, curb cuts, etc.
- Accessibility and protections of rights in employment, education, health care and housing, etc.
- Access to an array of services for persons with a disability
Eligibility: A free resource and information program for the community
- Information and Assistance
- Disability Information and Awareness Line
- Commission on Disability Issues